Sunday 13 May 2012

Aston Pottery: Exhibition

Mary Knowland: 


This is a photograph of one of the pieces in the exhibition by local artist Mary Knowland. Unfortunately the photograph doesn't do the piece any justice as you cant make out all of the detail. In the painting you can see a number of body parts, I believe these to include a male figure sitting in the centre one leg cocked up as if on a couch and the other down as if his foot was on the floor, hands, fingers, a secondary figure bent down on the floor legs tucked up next to their chest, another leg and that's just at a brief glance. The piece packed a real punch and drew my attention straight to it, it would also spark some interesting conversation between two onlookers. I will be researching in to other works by Knowland as soon as possible and I am also considering attending a drawing class that she runs. More on that as it develops.



 Rod Craig:


This is a photograph of my favourite piece of the day by my favourite artist of the day taken from his website. This painting was located in the corner of the gallery area on the left of the staircase, the piece was eye catching as soon as you walked in to the gallery area and myself and my family flocked around it. In the gallery it was framed and had been double window mounted with board which I had not seen used on a painting before and really showcased the painting. I will be looking at other works by Craig and hopefully continue drawing inspiration from them and start to see my home town in a fresh new light.

The exhibition has made me consider using my time over the summer strengthening my paint skills as so much can be achieved in this media and it remains popular throughout history.

No comments:

Post a Comment