Thursday 8 March 2012

Brothers Grimm Project: Inspiration

For my final piece for this project I plan to create a short stop motion animation based on the fairytale "The Elves" which is also known as "The Elves and the Shoemaker". This is one of my favourite books from childhood so holds many nostalgic memories for me. I plan to create the animation using cut and folded pieces of paper, I plan to use this method as it will relate back to the book origins of the story. I have noticed recently that stop motion animation is being used in a variety of different adverts for products on the television. I decided to look for some examples on YouTube that have used paper cutting and folding and found this beautiful example. (Below)


I found this advert amazing and totally inspiring, I would love for my final piece to be up to the same standard as this if not better. I know this process takes ages to produce, I remember a girl in my media studies class during A-Levels making one, so I have given myself a month to make the video, more on this as it develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment