Saturday 17 March 2012

Stop Motion Animation: New Findings.

For the last few days I have been making some samples out of plasticine, I have been testing the weight, durability and movement of it for this particular piece and found it to not be working. I found this to be the reason why....Introducing an armature


Traditionally made from soft aluminium wire and sheet the armature becomes the moving skeleton for most stop motion animation puppets. I found that the creators use a polymer clay to build up the character from this skeleton then make a cast of the character. They then insert this skeleton in to the cast and fill it with foam latex to make the final movable puppet for the stop motion piece. Since these findings I have ordered the materials to make my own characters in the same way, now I just need to find some foam latex and then the more advanced sampling can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment