Thursday 15 March 2012

Final Piece: The Layout Plan


(Above) 3D Plan of Final Layout

My final piece will be a stop motion animation video, I wanted to present this in an artistic way and not just on an overhead projector mounted to face the wall. I also wanted to tie in the stories origins as a book but also as one in a series of stories by the brothers Grimm, so this is my plan.
I want to download the stop motion animation piece to a tablet PC and house it inside a custom case that looks like a book, made from book binding materials, I will also make five more books to the same size but with no content. I will add the title and some surface decoration to the cover of the case and the spines of the mock books. The mock books will then be stuck together in a set of three and a set of two leaving a gap for the video book to be removed from the series. The books be mounted to two book ends (I am hoping to have time to cast two elves from clay, one for each book end). This display will then sit on the table against a wall as if on a sideboard or shelf with the video book removed and open to show the tablet screen playing the video

No comments:

Post a Comment