Monday 12 March 2012

Stop Motion Ideas: Paper VS Clay

So, I have been thinking about this stop motion animation idea and been looking at a variety of different samples on YouTube (proving to be a very good source of inspirational content). I have found so many different examples using "claymation", some are better than others but I believe that is down to the cameraman and his chosen software. I have found very few "papermation" examples, however the ones I have found are amazing, such as the one posted further down the blog.

I have done some basic samples with clay and found that whilst moving each piece for the next frame it is hard to not get finger prints, nail nicks and smudging. This could be solved with the use of tight fitting latex gloves.

The addition of a thin layer of paper may dismiss these issues but bring a new list of its own, would the joints in the model still be able to move? Could i use glue on all non-moving areas of the model but keep the joints glue free so the paper would just crease on the joint allowing it to move?

Hmmm, with that said I believe its time to do some sampling and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment